Re: Ram Road Rash (rant)

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Nov 20 2003 - 20:12:11 EST

Mr. Plow wrote:

> Go with the line-ex or rhino or whatever. It will likely not ever chip
> again.
> As for keeping a vehicle nice, that's WAY over-rated. :D

LOL!! Mista Blasta!! I should have expected you to say that - and yeah
I'm ashamed to say that I want to keep it nice and purdy. Expecially
after all the hell I gave Andy and Ed about the Quads.

I suppose if I'm not careful and I don't get the Ram in mud soon I might
end up like two other DMLers I know who have 4x4s who never see mud
*coughnotnamingnames* hehehehe

I have already been looking into certain body and performance mods for
the Ram that would be more geared to "muscle truck" status than "offroad
rig".

I got some quotes for spray-ins today - $415 for over the rail bedliner
(Line-X) and $300-something for the rockers. The guy suggested some
type of Epoxy coating that could be painted afterwards and would be
"much more durable" - but I dont know if he was blowing smoke or being
serious. He also said something about a clear coating that could could
on there. Also dont know if thats BS or not. But I should be able to
have him color match the Graphite Metallic color correct?

Also wanted to sell me an underbody coating/rust protection. SOmething
I should think about??

"Work is the curse of the drinking classes" -- Oscar Wilde

'89 Silver Dakota RC, V6, 4x2 -- '89 Silver Dakota RC, V6, 4x4 '01 Graphite Ram Offroad Sport, RC, 360 V8, Auto, Short Box! 4x4

http://home.earthlink.net/~silvereightynine/ http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/