Re: Matcho Matcho Man

From: andy levy (andy-dml@levyclan.us)
Date: Mon Nov 24 2003 - 00:42:16 EST

Terrible Tom wrote:

> So far this is incident number 4 where I have used the Ram and a tow
> strap to retrieve disabled vehicles. Last night I was on my way home
> from looking at a 94 Taurus sedan (looking for a winter beater) and came
> up to a field where there were people standing around a large straight
> truck - looked like a 5 ton truck. Imagine a 30 foot Uhaul truck and
> you get the idea.
>
> The straight truck was buried up to its axles in dirt. It wasn't mud,
> but really lose soil. Apparently they parked it there (there was a
> holiday season kick off parade in town) and when they went to retrieve
> it to load up their stuff after the event was over... they couldn't get
> it out.
>
> There was a Ford truck (I didn't see if it was 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton or 2WD
> or 4WD) with a thin tow strap hooked up to it... they couldn't pull it
> out - - I hopped out asked if they needed help - hooked up one of the
> BBQ tank straps to the right tow hook on the straight truck - the ford
> on the left... I stuck it in 1st gear, 4x4 and out came the stuck rig.
> They thanked me and I went on my merry way feeling all giddy and proud
> of myself hehe...

I nearly pulled a Ranger off the exit ramp Saturday when I was going in
to work. I barely had room to get by him. Didn't see anything I could
attach to though, so I kept rolling. The truck was so rusted I would
have broken anything on the frame that I hooked to.

--
-andy

http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/dakota - andy-dml@levyclan.us -------------------------------------------- "Whatever Adam does, do the opposite and you'll be fine" -Bob Tom --------------------------------------------