Re: New to group, considering Dakota purchase, questions and observations

From: Tundra Wookie (tundra_wookie@hhoottmmaaiill.com)
Date: Sat Nov 29 2003 - 01:02:39 EST

Thanks all for the input and welcome!

I have decided to run the truck for the winter under the ownership of the
company and may buy it in the spring; all the joys of ownership without the
cash outlay... it will give me time to sell my car, too.

Sounds like they should really have only let these things out into the world
with the 3.90 gears. I suppose I could go that route and maybe add 1.6
rockers or a different cam and exhaust to get it up to snuff. Not looking
for a race rig and horsepower is not what this thing needs, it needs low-end
grunt. It doesn't need a huge boost, just a little. I found it to be nearly
sufficient when the temps were down around -20f

If only they would give us something like the Detroit/DC/MB 3.0 CDi V6 in a
Dak... if they built it, I would sell my soul for it, I'd even settle for
the 3.1 TD that they have been stuffing in Jeeps overseas.

http://www.detroitdiesel.com/public/specs/3SA549.pdf

--TW