Re: Front Swaybar

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Mon Dec 01 2003 - 09:15:12 EST

"Kyle Vanditmars" <kylevan@telus.net> wrote in message
news:bqdo87$qb4$1@bent.twistedbits.net...

> The front swaybar is in, and fairly painlessly. Just had to do some
> "customizing" of the endlink spacers, and had to figure out the whole
> bracket situation, but luckily the holes in the frame are threaded, so
> relatively painless. Red loctite on all bolts for the main bracketry,
> and grade 8 holding things to the frame. The difference is amazing. It
> rolls over just a bit, and it's so nice going 'round the corners. Just
> need to get a set of new shocks on there and it will be AWESOME.
> Speaking of shocks, Mr. Battles, how are those Reflexes that you put on
> your truck??

I like them, the ride is a little stuff (which is what I was looking for)
and they smooth out the bumps nicely. Monroe warned me that they are *not*
designed for lowered trucks and will void your lifetime warranty if you use
them on one, but I'd like to see them prove it.

They made a huge difference when going over bumps, the truck just absorbs
them now and doesn't bounce at all. The only complaint that I could have is
about how stiff the springs/shocks are when it comes to roads that are a
little wavy. It causes a pretty decent "hobby horse" effect inside the
vehicle. Again, I can't attribute that completely to the shocks, but it did
pick up some after the install.

You might also want to contact Quickor and tell them about your problem with
the rubbing, they might send you a different bar.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L