Re: New to group, considering Dakota purchase, questions and

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed Dec 03 2003 - 00:52:47 EST

On Nov 29, 2003, at 15:01, Tundra Wookie wrote:

> Fairbanks, AK
>
> Just picked up the oil pan and battery heater yesterday, this is it's
> first Fairbanks winter, it came up from Anchorage, where they bitch
> when it gets to be -15c. I'm curious to see if the cab heater is
> capable of cooling the 3.9 at highway speeds when it's -40 or if I
> will have to go with blocking the radiator off

I'd be far more interested in seeing if the engine could ever make it
up to temp to blow hot air at that ambient. I'd be shocked if the
t-stat ever opened to make the radiator make any sort of difference....

I like to think I know about cold, being from MN, but you Alaskans are
some who will *always* have me beat <g>

--
Michael Maskalans                '98 Dakota SLT CC 4x4 318
details here:             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak/>