Re: DML:Dakota engine

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 02:25:40 EST

Michael Maskalans wrote:

> I was just re-reading the Mopar Muscle of October this year where they
> coaxed just under 600HP out of it with some very, very streetable mods
> (and low end torque is VERY notable with it too, in all states of tune).

Yeah... I read that. A bigger camshaft and a single plane manifold w/ a
950 or 970 Demon carb and a carb spacer. SIX HUNDRED SAE net horsepower
on an otherwise completely crate engine. I need one of them in my
GenII, which weighs 1680kg with a full tank of gas and me in it. That's
a 3700 pound truck with 600 ponies... I like... *evil grin*

> and besides: it's R E A L hemi.

INDEED!