Re: new truck questions!

From: andy levy (andy-dml@levyclan.us)
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 10:19:56 EST

Rick Barnes wrote:
> We bought a Jeep Liberty Renegade this past Summer from CarMax, and I must
> say, the sales guy did a superior job going thru the vehicle, jack location,
> features, etc. They made sure it had a full tank of gas too. That is the
> only place I will buy a new car anymore.

When I bought my '03 the dealer was quite thorough, but mostly took me
through the manual (it was, after all, about 15 degrees outside). I did
have to correct him on a couple things though. He pointed me to the
gear selection indicator on the dash (until I said "but I don't have
that on a manual, right?") and the "OD Off" indicator by the odometer
(again, that doesn't exist on a stick).

To be honest, as a second-time GenIII buyer, I found the process a bit
tedious, but I understand why he was doing it, and I think it's good for
first-time owners. But I just wanted to drive!

But before I could leave town (45 minute drive to get home), I had to
gas up. They only gave me about 10 gallons.

I'd buy from him again, if he weren't so far away. I'm also convinced
that ordering and bringing cash (vs. a trade-in) is the only way to fly.