Re: DML:Dakota engine

From: andy levy (andy-dml@levyclan.us)
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 10:58:59 EST

Hop * wrote:

> Has anyone thought of doing this in a 4x4 with a 3" body lift?
> I doubt that the stock x-fer case and drive train can handle it.
> Still would be sweet to see though.

It might fit that way, although you're right that the drivetrain would
probably not be up to the task. I guess while you're at it, you may as
well (or may have to, due to bolt patterns) replace at least the
transmission. Then the a transmission to t-case adapter...likely new
driveshafts due to length...this is starting to sound like Jon's "well,
I'll just replace the water pump" project.