Re: Should I replace the caliper?

From: Rob S (robert_schultz@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 11 2003 - 15:38:50 EST

> sealant??? thats an area where temps. can go over 500F.

Well I figured it was going to be temporary and many silicone sealants
are good for over 500F, however the one I used is only good to 400F

So if they're overheated then, I should replace or rebuild (I assume a
rebuild kit comes with instructions). Should I also change the brake fluid?

Now the reason why. I'm guessing it might have something to do with
hauling a trailer loaded between 2-4000 lbs without trailer brakes? It's
not often, but it's that or just the way I drive (I tend to brake a
little later and a little harder than most people).

Rob S.