Re: Re: Re: INST. PANEL REMOVAL was: new truck questions!

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Fri Dec 12 2003 - 10:59:46 EST

Just take your time and be careful, you'll be fine. You shouldn't need a
trim stick either, you can usually do it with your fingers, but if not, a 1
inch wide putty knife works very well in it's place. I actually never
bought a trim stick when I was installing, I made my own from a piece of
1/8" thick brass sheet. it works very well, just put a slight curve in it
(lengthwise, for stiffness) and cut a 1" groove in the middle if the end
surface...it'll rip those christmas trees out like nobody's business. :-)

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

""Wayne Allewelt"" <wallewelt@mai-aec.com> wrote in message news:05d101c3c0c7$a277a200$1a00a8c0@Wayne2000... > > I have to agree, it is really just tedious, the FSM makes it seems like a > PITA, but after looking at the website that Jonathan provided under the "new > truck questions!" post, I have to say that it's not really that difficult as > I believed at first. > > Wayne > 01 QC Sport 4x4 V8 > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Josh Battles" <jbattles@bankfinancial.com> > > > > > > Not too bad, Just tedious and defintately not something as an installer > I'd > > worry about. >