Re: clear tail lights

From: KenCo (ken@kencofish.com)
Date: Mon Dec 15 2003 - 22:55:17 EST

jay's son wrote:

> hey all, i recently have gotten fed up with APC euro tail lights and
> decided to send them back and get a refund. but now i am in the search
> for a set of completely clear tail lights. i know they are illegal but
> around here as long as you have a red bulb you wont get bothered.
>
> if anyone has a pair they want to get rid of or know where i can get a
> pair please lemme know. thanks.
>
> jason

> Get holiday tips for festive fun.
> http://special.msn.com/network/happyholidays.armx

FWIW
you need to have XX? sq. in. or so of red reflector
in the rear to be legal and amber on sides and
front.

worst case;
you could get rear ended and have fault against
you for no red reflector/s! it isnt worth it....

BTW
its covered in sec. 362 or 363 of the FMVSS book
(Fed Motor Vech. Safety Stds.) every concievable
configuration is listed there.

http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121 Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced ;)