Re: Tail Pipe cut

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Thu Dec 18 2003 - 18:48:44 EST

Woodruff, Jason P wrote:

> Any reason I shouldn't cut my tail pipe off near the muffler? Noise, fumes, corrosion under bed?
>
> I've go plenty of torque to sacrifice a little for more HP. But I'm really just looking to lop off 3 ft of heavy steel and get rid of interference issues at the same time.

Well, my old tailpipe rusted off last winter... Let's just say it's
LOUD... with a capital L-O-U-D. I suppose it might not be so bad if you
have some sound deadening material along the back wall of the cab, but
otherwise... wow. If you have some kind of performance muffler, it
could very well verge on deafening. If you've ever picked up a
tailpipe, it's not ALL that heavy. Definitely not worth the
inconvenience, anyway.