Re: New Durango SUCKS!

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Fri Dec 19 2003 - 07:34:46 EST

At 10:02 PM 12/18/2003, you wrote:

>Most importantly it's got a HEMI !!!
>I do not like the way it looks, but I'm still trying to convince the wife
>that it should be our next vehicle (5.7 Hemi, 3.92's, Full time 4WD).

Check prices on the Ram 1500. I'm not sure if it's the same story in the
US, but I checked the Canadian web site and discovered that I can configure
a Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 with a Hemi for cheaper than the base Durango (with
no Hemi). The new Durango is larger than the old model, I think it's
starting to get close to the Ram in size (except the bed on the Ram will
make it a bit longer). Personally, for the price, I'd much rather have a
full-size real truck than some beefed-up minivan looking thing. As long as
you aren't severely limited on parking space, it might be worth looking in to.

Unless, of course, your wife is one of these weird people who think SUVs
are perfectly fine, but would never be caught dead in a "truck". I work
with a lot of these wackos... "uh, duh, don't you people realize that most
SUVs are just trucks with hatchbacks?" Given that you've got a Dak, I'm
guessing this isn't the case, unless she's trying to get you to get rid of
it or something.