RE: Re: 911: transfer case blew up

From: Neil W. Bellenger (neil624b@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Fri Dec 26 2003 - 17:28:08 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net]On Behalf Of Michael
Maskalans
Sent: Friday, December 26, 2003 5:08 PM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: Re: DML: Re: 911: transfer case blew up

<yeah, it was surge braked, and I was simply hoping I could overpower
them, since the way the UHaul coupler is designed there's no simple way
to block the brakes from actuating...>

Interesting.
I've used a U-Haul surge brake trailer. They should have a place to insert a
steel pin to block the brake master cylinder in the hitch from compressing.
Backing into it uphill is the same as stopping hard. You could overpower it
only by sliding the tires.

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
ClassTech Consultant  -  ITS Printer Tech  -  ITS Lab Tech