go advance adapters!

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon Dec 29 2003 - 13:33:06 EST

just got off the phone with Rob at AA. very helpful guy.

if I'm looking at a dodge or jeep application, the only thing I should
have to look out for aside from condition of the 'case is spline count
and input shaft length (need to be sure to catch the rear seal on the
trans).

Just about all Dodge 231s should be good as far as he knows.

Jeeps have a 4cyl 21 spline, a 6 cyl 21 spline, a 6 cyl 23 spline short
and a 6 cyl 23 spline long, so there are a couple options to look out
for there. bolt patterns should all match up, though, so it's just
spline count and length that need to be paid mind.

there should be no problems with the '90 231 - Dakotas (and all Dodges,
really) should all have compatible transfer cases within the same model
of 'case. so I think I'll probably be going with the Cedar Rapids deal
since it's more of a sure thing, and it's fresh off a rebuild, whereas
the Mass 242 would be an upgrade IMO, but is in as yet unknown
condition and the seller's friend has yet to get back to me with any
details.

also, for what it's worth, the 242 in his GC is starting to have some
center diff problems at ~119k miles, and it's a pretty expensive part
to get fixed, so newer is better =)

--
Mike Maskalans            <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'98 Dakota CC 0x4 318                 '84 RamCharger 4x4 360