Re: BBQ Question

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Thu Jan 01 2004 - 11:18:58 EST

andylevy@yahoo.com wrote:

: In article <BAY10-F38hiHaeldiBk0000a64e@hotmail.com>, jerodh@hotmail.com
: ("Jerod J. Husvar") writes:
:>
:> I just wish I still had my '74 Power Wagon. The body was shot but it would
:> go off-road like no one's business. And water drained out really nicely
:> through the holes in the floor. :)

: Probably too long & wide to make a lot of the turns/trails. Jon barely fits w/
: his '92 Ram.

  I dunno, it probably isn't too much wider than my Ram, and since
I've got a long bed, his wheelbase is probably better too. As
long as I've got my "suicide knob" on the steering wheel, I can
keep up a pretty good clip, even in the tight spots. My favorite
area for that is on the way to mud lane, above the target area
just as you enter the woods, there's a little "tree slalom" you
need to do. I enjoy zipping through there, probably feels faster
than it actually is when you're missing the trees by only inches. :-)

  There was a guy with a Hummer who was thinking of coming up
with the SCORE group a year or two ago (a real Hummer, not
the H2). I had mentioned the trail width thing to him and
he wasn't too concerned, said he went offroading with the
jeeps all the time and if the trail isn't wide enough he just
made his own. ;-) (I'm not sure I'd want a much wider
vehicle on certain parts though - like slippery hill.)

:> But, I think I'm gonna try to make the BBQ, all of your ideas sound like
:> fun... Of course, the suggestion someone made about riding with Adam kinda
:> has me scared.

: Just bring a helmet. I plan on doing that if I ever get Marci out to a BBQ -
: she has to ride w/ Adam, but I wouldn't let her w/o a helmet.

  What, just because of stuff like this?

http://www.dakota-truck.net/meet/DMLBBQ04/VIDEO/janor%20-%20adam%20through%20pit%20diagonal.mpg

  (The Adam Blaster contributing to the delinquency of a minor...)

:-)

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'