Re: Jack Stands

From: andylevy@yahoo.com
Date: Thu Jan 01 2004 - 14:36:28 EST

In article <BC18FFA7.EE1%ghedlin@theramp.net>, ghedlin@theramp.net (Gary
Hedlin) writes:

> I guess that's why if I can't do it on ramps, I wont do it!!
>
> Call me paranoid, but putting 3800lbs on 4 things that maybe weigh 20lbs
> combined sounds like a good recipe for disaster.

The one and only time I put my truck on ramps, they flexed enough that we got
it up there, did the work, and out as quick as we possibly could. I didn't
trust them at all.

OTOH, one house near me had half an old S-10 supported by jackstands for close
to a year (that I saw - may have been there before I moved in) and didn't
budge.

My 4x4 is high enough that 99% of the time I have to be fully under it, I don't
need it jacked up. Things that have required a jack thus far I was able to do
mostly from the side.