Re: RE: Jack Stands

From: Peter Grace (pgrace@fierymoon.com)
Date: Thu Jan 01 2004 - 14:50:33 EST

Andy,
        No, I got the mac brand hydraulic lift from walmart, it's the heavy
duty model (I think it's 5 tons) and has a hell of a high lift to it.

        I went and bought the smaller version for my wife's accord, since they
seem to work right nice! I'm just hoping my jack stands I'm getting
aren't too high for putting the accord up (not sure what the maximum
lift is on the smaller model, vs. the minimum height on the jack stands.)

        The heavy-duty mac lift was like $35 from walmart. Not sure if that's
highway robbery or el-cheapo, however I feel like I'm getting my money's
worth out of it.

Unfortunately, it's been in the back of the truck and since my tonneau
isn't exactly waterproof, it's begun to rust a bit. I've been giving it
WD-40 treatments whenever I can, and it still seems to be working fine
(rusting only on edges, no visible rusting on the piston rod or
anything.) Even if I had to buy a new one, another $35 isn't bad for
the ease of lift that thing affords me. (Lift's the dakota for a wheel
change in like four strokes!) :)

Pete