RE: Pre-Install Jitters

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jan 03 2004 - 13:18:59 EST

(1) Yank those "heat shields" out of there...all they do is collect dirt,
rocks, and dust that falls into the combustion chamber when you change the
plugs.

(2) Remove the airhat and use a medium size (and length) phillips-head
screwdriver

(3) Put the socket on the plug first, then put the ratchet on there (you may
"bust a knuckle"...we've all done that so don't feel bad if you do). ;) I
personally use a swivel socket and a 3 foot extension to remove most of the
plugs at the dealership.

- Bernd