Re: Throttle body..was Ignition coils

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Sat Jan 03 2004 - 21:11:43 EST

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 21:03:48 -0500, ghedlin@theramp.net (Gary Hedlin)
wrote:
>HELLO?? MCFLY...ANYONE HOME????
>
>How can anyone in their right mind say that one TB is better than another
>when different engines (depending on the buildup) require different flow
>rates??
>
>Yeah, an F&B may have a higher flow rate, but putting a 52mm on a stock 318
>will kill the low end torque. EVEN AN IDIOT LIKE ME KNOWS THIS!! And if
>you put on a fastman, you'll see a big difference because your using a
>throttle body with the PROPER flow rate.
>
>So why are we even having this debate??? I evidently thought the better
>throttle body was determined by the needs of the engine.
>
>PLEASE let me know if I'm missing something here.

You're not missing anything...

Just one of those usenet-style "debates" that we usually don't have
here. It's just plain silly -- different products work better/worse
for different applications.

Although I kind of attribute the whole issue to K&N's horsepower gain
claims for their drop-in filters...

-Bill