Re: Milage Issues Still

From: Travis Bailey (dusterrt@msn.com)
Date: Sun Jan 04 2004 - 02:40:42 EST

OK...I was in denial. But now that the duals are on and it sounds like a
NAS-TRUCK, I am somehow having less of a problem with it, lol. We'll see,
maybe there will be an improvement after I do the intake gaskets (also going
to drop in a 180 'stat, a set of 3923's and run some top end cleaner through
to clean up the combustion chambers while I'm at it). If I can at least get
rid of the pinging I will be REALLY happy.

Another note...I will say I'm pretty impressed with the synthetic Mobil 1;
have almost 2000 miles on the first change with it, hardly dirty at all.
Can't say I could've ever said that with conventional oil on anything in the
past. Can't wait to switch to Amsoil once the budget allows!

And I have managed my first part breakage. While cleaning under the wiper
arm apparently I over-stressed the spring, sending it flying off to who
knows where. Never heard of that one before! Now I have to go on my first
Dakota-based junkyard outing, yee haw!

Travis
'92 Dak 5.2 4x4

Get reliable dial-up Internet access now with our limited-time introductory
offer. http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup