RE: Jack Stands

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-ns.com)
Date: Mon Jan 05 2004 - 07:15:26 EST

Gary,
I use to think ramps were great also. But my father-in-law changed my mind
about them. He use to use them all the time until one day he was under a
vehicle doing something when the phone rang. He slid out, answered the
phone, and while he was standing there talking, one of the ramps buckled and
kicked out. If he'd been under the vehicle, it would have crushed him. It
had been sitting on the ramps for several hours. No one was pushing or
leaning on the vehicle. You just never know.
Rich - Ashburn, VA