Re: My throttle body/exhaust

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Mon Jan 05 2004 - 15:21:13 EST

"Peter Grace" <pgrace@fierymoon.com> wrote in message
news:btcfu7$oq9$1@bent.twistedbits.net...

> My 97 dakota V6 has a holley throttle body -- were those stock or did
> the last owner put an aftermarket TB on the truck?

Dodge TB's are all made by Holley.

> Also, I noticed that my headers are looking fairly crappy -- almost like
> they're rusted. Is that the way the stock headers look after 125k miles?
>
> Since I've got to get a new exhaust system soon, maybe I should get new
> headers with it -- what brands do you guys suggest that make bolt-on
> replacement header for the 97 v6?

Can you take some pictures of the exhaust manifolds? Since you're going to
be changing your exhaust system already, and I'd assume that you'll be going
to 3"... you'll lose a little low-end (like I did) but gain some top end.
By changing out the manifolds for headers, you'll decrease backpressure yet
again and probably lose a little more low end grunt. If they're not too
bad, I'd probably leave them alone. If you can post some pictures, it would
help us all to better assess your situation. If you don't have webspace to
host the images, shoot them to me via email at josh@omg-stfu.com and I'll
put them up on my site for all to see.

--
- Josh