Re: AAMCO Update

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jan 07 2004 - 12:03:53 EST

Hop * wrote:

> Just got the call back with all the numbers.
> It's a bit higher than i expected. They had to replace a few hard parts.
> IE:
> FWD Sprag ($189)
> Direct drum ($151)
> 1-2 shift solinoid ($98)
> Updated Shift kit ($133)
> TQ Converter ($329)
> After market oil cooler ($150)
> Lifetime warranty ($600)
> Basic Overhaul including soft parts ($1095)
> So it brings it up to a total of $2,745..
> All prices include tax. Still cheaper than a reman tranny from the dealer,
> plus i added a cooler that i didn't need and i will have a lifetime
> warranty.
> --Hop

Dude - thats the SAME line of BS they pulled on me... and when I told em
no I can get a complete trans elsewhere for a lot less... they tried to
tell me I was legally bound to the repairs and I had to pay them. Which
is whenI pointed out the little part of fine print on their agreement
that says something to the effect that I only had to pay for the
diagnosstic labor charges that I was NOT obligated to pay the rest. At
that point is when the guy at AAMCO got beligerant and I had to call in
some back up to convince him otherwise. Now I don't know what your
specificsituation is and forgive me but I dont remember what
make,model,year,engine,tranny you have... but I know you can get trannys
much cheaper, http://www.phoenixhardparts.com for example - like I said
I don't know if you have the ability to install a trans yourself or not
- which would be a reason I can understand your going to a shop.

My personal opinion is that price and service you get from AAMCO is not
even 3rd rate - - more around 10th rate. Without mincing words and I'm
NOT trying to make you feel bad or start a flame war -- I think you got
ripped off.