Re: Re: Re: Pre-Mag 318

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Fri Jan 09 2004 - 16:38:16 EST

I believe the article was about Hensley Racing's (I think Hensley) crate motors
that they sell. They use 318 blocks almost exclusively because they are readily
available and cheap.

As I recall they worked out to something like 39x cid and they were bored 0.060
over. They were all sonic tested to ensure that the cores had not shifted
before they were used to ensure adequate wall thickness at that size overbore.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4