Nice dealer experience

From: Jon N. Benignus (blkwidow1@primary.net)
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 20:02:48 EST

List,
Needed a new EGR on the Dak-been needing it for a while, finally got around
to doing it.
Went to Advance Auto Parts, ordered one, $66 out the door.
Next day, picked it up, took it home, pulled it out of the box and found a
package full of washers with varying size holes in them. These are to place
in the valve in order to have the proper size orifice. I removed the
defective unit, and lo and behold, my unit is different, as it has an
electrical connection, and the new unit did not.
Back to the parts store, explained my problem to the counter guy (different
guy than who sold me the unit), and he immediately shook his head. Without
looking at anything, saw my defective piece and said he couldn't get it, and
said he has told them about this many times. called a local Car Quest store,
they had it for $121. Called the Dodge dealer, could have it next day for
$95. Called the local Chrysler/Jeep dealer, they had it in stock for $84.
No washers, and even new bolts!
While I could complain a bit about getting the wrong part, they went out of
their way to find me the right one.
Five minutes and my Dak runs great again, even took it for the bi-annual
emissions inspection and passed.
Kudos to Advance for making things right, and lesson learned-always contact
the dealer, especially on things like emission control parts. You never
know, their price may be better. And you will get the correct part the first
time!

Jon
STL MO
92 RC LB V6 AT