Oil Pressure Problem

From: Brian Mingle (bsm11@cornell.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 14 2004 - 08:16:58 EST

Hi All,

Yesterday on my way to work, I lost all oil pressure. It was running
between 40 and the pegged mark on the gauge. I took the truck back to the
dealership where I purchased it, it was on my way to work, and they said I
had sludge on the bottom of the oil pan, and it was clogging the oil sender
in the bottom of the pan. Sounds like a reasonable thing to me. My question
is; what causes this? and how can I prevent it from happening in the
future? Should I change the oil sooner than every 3,000 miles, like I am
doing now? Is there another explanation as to why I had such a build up?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Brian S. Mingle
1998 Dakota Club Cab Sport 4x4