Re: Prestone super flush

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2004 - 16:10:40 EST

<Aajaynefour@cs.com> wrote in message news:1c0.13f4cc8b.2d3858bc@cs.com...

> Any problem with using regular tap water when rinsing out the cooling
system
> with super flush? Or is it best to use distilled for this procedure as
well?

> Thanks
> Andrew

supposedly you should use distilled only because it has no minerals to
calcify on the insides of your cooling system. However, i've in the past
run straight hose water for months without issue. (changed half of it to
coolant somewhere around mid-october when it started slushing up on me)
Besides, it's only a flush, you'll be putting regular 50/50 mix back in
there right?

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L