Re: Daytime running lights not working !

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Fri Jan 16 2004 - 16:37:01 EST

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> My contention is that by making everyone turn their lights on,
> you essentially create a "new background" -

One thing to keep in mind is that DRLs are not full-power headlights.
On my '92, it's the high-beams on maybe 50% power. I know I notice a
bike with it's full bright blazing my eyes. Of course, there are plenty
of stupid people out there. Hell, I had a lady in a minivan back into
me in a gas station parking lot while waiting behind her to turn out
onto the road.

Be as aware and cautious as possible on a bike, and then hope no idiots
drive into you anyway.