Re: Metal Hose Kit for 99 Kota 3.9v6

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Tue Jan 20 2004 - 09:36:20 EST

In article <3mbp00l21kchoecctc8ovr36ck56s48opp@4ax.com>,
egiblock@gibsdakota.com (Eric Giblock ) writes:

> A long time ago, people were talking about a metal hose kit that's
> available for the 99 3.9v6 kota.. anyone have any types of kits out
> there that look really cool, or that they would recommend ??
>
> let me know ..

I am assuming you are refering to the heater and radiator hoses. You have
several options;

1. You can purchase actual stainless steel braided hose to replace your hoses
under the hood. This is quite expensive for the hose and all the fittings you
need.

2. There is chrome plated brass flex hose you can purchase to replace the
radiator hoses. I have never seen it for heater hoses, vacumn or fuel lines.
Also, quite expensive.

3. There a kits with stainless steel braided sleeving that you slip over your
exisitng hoses. The kits also include anodized aluminum collars that fit over
the existing hose clamps to give the appearance of braided hose. These kits run
around $30-$40.

You can get options 1-3 from places like Summit or Jegs. Option 3 can be had
from places like Autozone. My daughter purchased one of the kits for my
Barracuda. It had enough sleaving material for all hoses except the lower
raditor hose. You can see a picture of the engine compartment at;
http://mysite.verizon.net/david.clement/

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4