Re: Drop Kit Question

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Jan 21 2004 - 23:16:32 EST

"Gary Hedlin" <ghedlin@theramp.net> wrote in message

> I'm going to buy a drop kit pretty soon, and so far I've narrowed it down
> either the BellTech or the Hotchkis kit. I want to maintain a stock
ride...
> thatıs about my only requirement.
>
> Any recomemdations on which kit would suit me better??
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Gary Hedlin

I've got the hotchkis kit on my truck (as i'm sure everyone knows) and it's
a very nice ride, but it's definately firmer than stock - you feel every
single little tar line or crack in the road. (part of that i'm sure is my
shocks, it rode a LOT softer until I changed to performance shocks) If
you're looking to maintain your stock ride, I think you'd probably be better
off with a rear shackle and hanger kit and some dropped control arms or
spindles (if they make em) in front.

What are you looking to do with the vehicle? Do you just want to lower it
to make it look better, or are you planning some serious racing or
something? I did mine because I'm into autoX...

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L