Re: Re: Re: Couple questions..

From: Bill Day (billday@consolidated.net)
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 18:13:43 EST

Well, during my road trip today(about 300 miles round trip) I noticed a few
things.

First moving down the road with a cold tranny, warm motor, truck is pretty
sluggish. 1st to 2nd shifts under light accel. and hard, very nice and
smooth. Now during light accel. from 2nd to 3rd the truck hangs in second
for a long time, but when it does shift it is har, understandable, but
sometimes I let off the accel. to drop rpms and allow it to change I loose
trany, as in I hit the gas and it just revs back up like its still in 2nd
gear.

Now when I hammer the pedal, all shifts are there and certain from 1st to
2nd and 2nd to 3rd. Overdrive and torque unlocking all evident. I never
noticed any of this last winter(not nearly as cold last year as it has been
this year).

Anyway, I will likely hit the tranny shop tomorrow and see wha they think.

L8r all.

Bill Day
billday@consolidated.net
http://users.consolidated.net/billday/

A rich man isn't always wealthy, he just has all the love he wants and can
give.

AIM - BadManD73 (Catch me if you can)
'95 Ext Cab 3.9L Mag 4x4 Flame Red