New NA numbers tonight

From: Tony Cellana (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jan 22 2004 - 23:23:39 EST

Well I got the bigger NO2 jet in yesterday, so I figured I'd make another
attempt. Setup was slicks, shocks set for race, tailgate off, street tires
in front, because I wanted to see if all the discussion had gotten the fuel
side of the NO2 in line.

2 NA passes to start. The big boys had rented the track for the afternoon,
and I was the 1st guy down the lanes after a 6.4 sec ProMod, so I was stoked
about lane prep.

1.941 60'
5.478 330'
8.320 @ 86.43 1/8
10.795 1000'
12.874 @ 107.92 1/4

2nd hot lap right from the timing shack (this motor likes "some" heat in it)
I was rewarded with:

1.919 60'
5.423 330'
8.249 @ 86.68 1/8
10.715 1000'
12.786 @ 108.35

Lose the tonneau, and get a 10 minute cool down to push a stuck car off.
Arm the NO2 with a 150 shot and CROSS MY FINGERS that the additional pulled
timing in the DFI, and Digital 6, and a 4 step bigger fuel jet will not cook
the plugs tonight.

Well I wasn't rewarded :-( a TON less detonation, no blown airhat, but
definitely some detonation up top. Back out of it.

Back in the pits, I pull ALL the plugs. 2 cooked tips, and 1 tip that was
just starting to cook. Not right, but a whole bunch closer. Swap in a
fresh set of 3922s, and wish I had brought all my jets, as I have a couple
more that I could have used to richen it up. Oh well, next week awaits.

Topped the night off with another NA pass. Stuck in the lanes for an oil
down, and the motor was too cold for its liking.
1.945 60'
5.459 330'
8.292 @ 86.60 1/8
10.768 1000'