Re: Re: Re: Clutch Time?

From: Tony Cellana (acellan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jan 24 2004 - 03:50:15 EST

IMO: if you are getting a squeak, it might just be the start of metal to
metal. It COULD be a glazing issue as well, but personally, "I" never get
THAT lucky.

If you can actually get a peak in there, look for any scoring as you might
expect from a worn down brake disc pad. Any signs like that basically say
the clutch is toast.

BTW: a new flywheel is pricey. I just paid 370 (almost 200 off list) for a
360 flywheel to go in between the old R/T motor and my NV3500.

TonyC