OT new virus

From: KenCo (ken@kencofish.com)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 19:41:17 EST

a new one is on the loose, please update your virus scanners
as this is spreading fast. Ive already recieved 50+ lol

your infected if you recieved it or checked your mail. period!

so update and get it clean! please?

  MIMAIL/MyDoom/Novarg Email Virus Continues

Beginning about 5 pm EST (2200 UTC) yesterday we began receiving a flood
of email containing a malicious attachment. To visually see what has
been arriving at our servers, we have two graphs available. We are
showing emails per 10 minutes at http://isc.sans.org/images/virus.png
and emails per hour at http://isc.sans.org/images/virus2.png . Notice
the drop-off overnight followed by the rapid increase this morning as
people came to work. There was a spike for the east coast workers and
  another increase as the west coast came to work. The time across the
bottom is EST. Today's increase started at about 8 am Central European
time, again corresponding roughly to the time workers began opening
their mail. This afternoon there has been a gradual decrease as the
infected computers are brought under control. While no new variants have
been detected yet, it would not be
  unexpected to see modified versions appear in the next few days.

  A very detailed writeup of the events surrounding this malware
including analysis and discussions by
  the Trojan Horses Research Mailing List is available online at
  http://www.math.org.il/newworm-digest1.txt

http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121 Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced ;)