Re: OT new virus

From: J Wynia (jwynia@pragmapool.com)
Date: Wed Jan 28 2004 - 22:24:06 EST

>> your infected if you recieved it or checked your mail. period!
>
> I'd disagree with that. The worm spreads through the attachment that
> would need to be opened. If you didn't open it and run the worm, I
> don't see how it could infect your machine.

Yeah. I've gotten 10's of thousands of infected messages over the years
and NEVER gotten infected by an email. The only virus I've ever gotten was
Monkey.B in 1996 from a floppy disc.

Computer viruses are like real world infections. Getting the infected
messages is like someone sneezing on you. You can be exposed to tons of
infections, but never get sick. Or, if you have a weak immune system, you
can get sick with every little thing that comes along.

--
J Wynia
Pragmapool, Inc.