Re: RE: OT new virus

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Jan 29 2004 - 09:45:41 EST

"KenCo" <ken@kencofish.com> wrote in message

> there are at least 2 varients from the orig. virus.
> I use "mailwasher" and deleted it b4 it got d/l'ed
> and I got it :(

I've got scanmail running and it picked them out every time. Also, my
mailserver labeled them as spam, so I didn't even have to read them, I just
highlighted and clicked delete.

> Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121
> Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
> sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
> that a signicant number of electrons may have been
> inconvenienced ;)

I also find it amusing that your emails come with this SuSE Linux "label" on
them, and you're complaining about your computer having the virus. This
virus only effects Windows computers. Also, if you read about what it does
with the infected system, it's clear that it was developed by someone in
the open source community because it's set to launch a denial of service
attack at SCO's website this weekend. Now, why would someone want to put a
virus into their own backyard?

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L