i found it, i found it.........

From: Curt Kitts (cwkitts@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 11:27:36 EST

After visiting the local junkyard (cause a friend told me of a 98 dak in
there), i took all the gauge needles. Hence the earlier post of "needle
customization", well, just my luck, they dont work. (enter profanity
here).........Not having a good day, i took it out on the knee bolster, and
low and behold, the original gauge needle popped out. It was in a fold of
the bolster. I quickly installed it, put my gauge cover back on. After some
more profanity, i was done. Man, i will never attempt something like that
again........until summer anyway. Oh yeah, washed the truck this morning,
the soap froze, the water froze, in turn froze the doors
shut.............more profanity.