Re: Re: Ram Tough? Um - riiiight....

From: droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 20:40:57 EST

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 18:15:22 -0600, Aaron Wyse <awyse@sw.rr.com> wrote:

> they need to make up thier minds.. do they want the front ends to
> crumple,
> or do they want them to take the hits with minimal damage. I guess that
> explains why there are so many companies making aftermarket bumpers that
> are
> so massive.
> Aaron Wyse

The idea is to have the bumper withstand 5 mph impacts. Which is really an
idle bump. And you should expect to not have any damage tro your vehicle
except bumper damage. It's not hard to accomplish that and to also have the
vehicle crumple under stronger impacts. They are just saving $$.

--
-Droo

http://www.grandroyal.org/dakota