RE: Need help with '96 Dodge Caravan

From: Bernd Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 15:36:55 EST

Body Controller - Have the tech put it on the DRB and verify that the BCM
isn't puking any codes. Alarm is activated via the VTSS and RKE modules,
Wipers and turn signals are controlled via the Multifunction switch. All of
those go through the bus to the BCM.

- Bernd

>From: Jeff Durling <jdurling@bellsouth.net>
>To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
>Subject: DML: Need help with '96 Dodge Caravan
>Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 14:03:49 -0500
>

>I have a co-worker that has a '96 Dodge Caravan. The alarm goes off all of
>the time for no reason as well as other problems with the wipers and turn
>signals working when they want to.
>
>Anyway, does anyone know if the older caravans have the central control
>modules for the wipers, power accessories, and such and if the alarm module
>was a plug in device like in the '97 dakotas. I am guessing that it may be
>there and if anyone knows and has the service manual (a long shot here) so
>the alarm module can be disconnected and her mechanic knows where the
>control module is to replace it. I am hoping it is a plug in setup like the
>dakotas was/ is.
>
>Thanks for any help you can give.
>
>Jeff Durling

Scope out the new MSN Plus Internet Software — optimizes dial-up to the max!