Re: tail lights

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Sat Feb 07 2004 - 20:51:29 EST

""Jetski _"" <cantgofastenough@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I know there are people out there who have those now 'illegal' clear tail
> lights. i was wondering if anyone that has a pair could take some
pictures
> during the day and at night with the running lights and brake lights on.
> I'm thinking about getting a pair but i havent actually seen them. also
if
> anyone has a pair they're lookin at getting rid of let me know, i got some
> friends interested too.
> thanks
>
> jet

I have them on my truck. Check out my pages below, there's pics of the
truck (and you can see the taillights) on both of them, but they're all
during the day and none are full on rear shots. I've got some on my
computer somewhere, I'll find them and upload em for you.

They're nice, I love the way they look against the PB color of my truck, but
it's a pain to keep them red. I buy these rubber "bulb condoms" to cover
them, and usually have to change them out every 2 months or so, so I don't
get ticketed. I've <knock on wood> only been stopped for them once, but I
was speeding as well, so it was a dual purpose stop and I was only issued a
written warning. If you check the DML BBQ photos that Mike's got hosted on
his site (tepidcola.com) there might be some more photos in there.

As far as trying to get your hands on a set, you should contact Brian
Mulligan on the windy city board (www.windycitydakotas.com) and see what
he's got to say. IIRC, he has found a company that's willing to make a few
sets for him, and if it's not too late he may be able to get a set for you
as well.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L