Re: I joined the "Silver Star" club

From: steve preston (steves287dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Feb 10 2004 - 21:55:34 EST

I`m going to replace my headlights with a single
superbright white LED on each side! They shine for
almost twenty feet!! (I plan to drive very slow,so I
will not hit anything.) Now,I do realize that LEDS are
much smaller in diameter than standard light bulbs,so
I`m going to wrap electrical tape around my LEDs until
they`re big enough around to fit in my OEM sockets! :)

(Actually,Don,I`m going to get some Silver Stars
also,soon as my wife gives me my allowance out of one
of my checks.)

As to the increasing brightness thing you have going
on,that is indeed a strange phenomenon. The last part
of the name Silver "Stars" may lend some creedence to
the belief that they are surrounded by clouds of ionic
particles,the density of which varies with the
intermingling of ice fragments and gravitational
forces. You may want to keep up with your "local on
the eights" on the Weather Channel to see if there is
indeed a correlation.

The only other thing I can think of is,your eyes took
a while to get used to them! :) HTH. Steve P.

--- "Mallett, Donald B" <Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com>