Re: Oil weight

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 14:26:50 EST

>>Oh yeah, I had a question.. Do any of you guys that run 10w30 year
>>round, ALSO send your oil to blackstone for testing? I'd like to see
>>how it holds up during the summer.
>>BTW this is all in a stock, 99, 318 with a K&N and a Mopar catback,
>>with factory plugs and thermostat.

Hey Barry - I've always run 10w30 in my Daks and in the Ram year round -
thats what the book calls for. I just recently started using Blackstone
for the Ram since my oil has been vanishing - I recently discovered the
fromt crank seal is leaking - posibly where the oil is going to. I loose
a half quart or more per 3000 miles. I have not used Blackstone long
enough to see how things look - I'm due for an oil change now and plan
to send in another sample. I'll letcha know.