Re: Oil weight

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 19:13:23 EST

Cool, thanks for the info. FWIW, the castrol synthetic blend was because I caught a sale on the 5 qt. jugs at wally world for $4 each.. that was cheaprt than their "generic oil"... That's why I am going to be watching this test closely...

>>> david.clement@verizon.net 02/11/04 02:24PM >>>

A few comments;
....2. Dodge recomends 5w30 for ambient temps from below freezing up to 100 degrees... For most people 5w30 would be the prefered oil year round.
3. The synthetic blends are just that a blend and from what I have read the sythetic portion is 1/3 or less. Seems to me if you want to use a blend just dump one or two qts of synthetic in with your dino oil at oil change time and save some money....
Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4