Re: RE:

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Sat Feb 14 2004 - 10:00:52 EST

<jon@dakota-truck.net> wrote in message

> Yeah, but there's just some inexplicable fuzzyness to
> be gained from having the "right" tool for the job. :-)
> Kinda gets ya right there, ya know? :-)
>

> --
> -Jon-

You know, I always thought that a c-clamp was the right tool... I've never
seen anyone use a device like the one that was linked to at harbor freight.
(and I'm ASE brakes, and did them in a shop for 2 years) We just jammed a
screwdriver into the rotor and pulled it a little to open up the caliper,
then pulled if off the rotor and finished up with a c-clamp. Pad slaps took
about 15 minutes after you got the car racked and the wheels off....and I
never had any comebacks.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L