Re: spray in bedliner

From: droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Feb 15 2004 - 02:17:40 EST

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 20:04:07 -0800, Bill Pitz <dakota@billpitz.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 22:53:00 -0500, andylevy@yahoo.com wrote:
>> My father was telling me today that Dodge has been going after Line-X
>> about the
>> Ram logos they were spraying into trucks (like what I have
>> http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/dakota/03QC/line-x.jpg) - trademark
>> infringement, etc. So you can't get it anymore.
>
> That's just plain stupid. Why would they do that? I can see wanting
> to protect your trademark, but why go through the trouble when it's
> promoting your product? What's next, are they going to go after the
> little sign shop that made the ram's head decals I bought?
>
> -Bill

Get this. I guy I worked with did small vinyl signs for misc things. And
there was this local event they had every year in his town with big name
sponsers like Coca Cola. But the town needed to get the coke signs made up.
And this guy is the one that did them. But for him to make the coke signs
with the trademarked logo, he had to pay to use the trademark. Even thought
Coca Cola was actually sponsering the event. Crazy shit.

--
-Droo

http://www.grandroyal.org/dakota