Re: more power an better mileage???

From: andylevy@yahoo.com
Date: Sun Feb 15 2004 - 13:52:50 EST

In article <021520041830.18620.dd5@comcast.net>, pennywise03@comcast.net
writes:

> Hey all ok here's the dilemma i need advice i have an '03 sxt 3.9 manny tran.
an I want to find engine mods that will not only give me more hp but better mpg
any thoughts on where to start would be greatly appreciated ..the only mod done
so far is i took off the factory air intake an swapped in a 10" round k&n
filter..thanks ..Jake

That 10" round filter will hurt you in performance, as you'll be pulling in
hotter air.

You cannot get *both* mileage and performance. At least not at the same time.
Many of the same mods that get more power will also get more mileage, but if
you dive a tank of gas "hard" you won't get the extra mileage - only the extra
performance. Likewise, if you drive "civilly", you'll get better mileage, but
you won't be lighting up the 0-60 timer.