Re: spray in bedliner

From: andylevy@yahoo.com
Date: Mon Feb 16 2004 - 09:23:02 EST

In article <0F45A7A5E62CD211B8CC0008C7A402F0213E52E2@ftwntexmp002.bnsf.com>,
Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com ("Mallett, Donald B") writes:

> >> about the

> >> I wanted to get some ram heads cut in vinyl to resell and the sign shop
> >> asked me about trademark infringement / copyrights approval to do it.
> What's
> >> the little guy to do???
> >>
> >>How about obey the law? The guy at shop was just trying to protect his
> >>business. He'd rather lose your $100 of business than have Dodge shut him
> down
> >>entirely.
>
> I agree with you 100% about the law. My next step is to find out about the
> copyright approval and cost.

It's not purely copyright. It's mostly trademark. Copyright is pretty cut &
dried (and not entirely applicable here), trademark is a little hairier. Good
luck getting Dodge to authorize a small-timer like this. Ever notice how you
see a *ton* of bow-ties and blue ovals on the decal rack at the parts store,
but you almost never see a Ram?