sandblasting

From: Pindell, Timothy (TPindell@OTTERBEIN.EDU)
Date: Mon Feb 16 2004 - 09:18:35 EST

Fellas:
I just bought a cheapie sandblasting outfit from eastwoods. I'm going to be
using it to clean some cop car wheels I've had lying around. They have a
really hard coating which I'm guessing is some sort of epoxy. A wire wheel
doesn't do too much to it at all. My question is: What blasting media
should I use for steel with a hard-painted finish? I though about just
painting over it, but the base wasn't prepped right and it's not a smooth
texture under the paint.
Tim