RE: My first taste of coffee

From: Paul.Tomlinson (Paul.Tomlinson@gov.yk.ca)
Date: Mon Feb 16 2004 - 17:04:47 EST

All depends on how cold it is outside when you change the oil. I find in
the fall when I change my oil the crud is there, but in the spring/summer
when it is getting warmer I don't see it.

I believe it's the cold air flowing over the filling tube which doesn't
allow it to warm up enough so that the condensation burns off before it
condenses on the inside of the tube. Of course it also depends on how long
you run the engine for the same reason (the engine doesn't get hot enough to
burn it off). I seem to recall some people on the list putting insulation
around the fill tube with varying levels of success in eliminating the foam.

Paul

2001 Intense Blue CC Sport+ 4X4 4.7l 5-speed